12 April 2006

I Can't Be the Only One...

To be absolutely honest, I'm terrified. Our government is seriously thinking about dropping nuclear weapons on Iran. It's not just a joke, THEY ARE ACTUALLY CONTEMPLATING IT! I can't believe that I'm going to be alive to see America drop it's third bomb. It's insane. We're going to have a freakin' nuclear war in less than two freakin' months! I agree with this, something I found in an AlterNet email: "Should a nuclear first-strike occur, something we all have a hard time wrapping our heads around, according to Billmon we'd become a rogue state, it would 'mark the definitive end of the system of collective security - and the laws and institutions supporting that system of collective security - and the laws and institutions supporting that system - established in the wake of World War II,' oil would skyrocket, and Iran, with a very capable terrorist network would likely ATTACK THE U.S.. If we attack Iran with nuclear weapons, nothing will ever be the same. Everyone will hate us. And with good reason. As Billmon says "A country that nukes other countries merely on the suspicion that they may pose a future security threat isn't the equal of anybody. America would stand completely alone: hated by many, feared by all, admired only by the world's other tyrants. " I can't believe that I'm writing all this, because, even though I may have joked that 'the U.S. is gonna nuke everyone' and stuff of that nature, THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING. I can't think of anything else to say, except we can't let them do it. It's unbelievable that the supposed greatest nation on earth is going to use nuclear weapons in the twenty-first century. The only thing I can think of doing at the moment is letting Congress know how we feel. Here's a link to a petition to sign to try to put a stop in it, even though the Bush Administration can always get away with anything they want. http://political.moveon.org/dontnukeiran/?id=7311-6874093-93FjHoJaBk.U90EVoy0cPA&t=1

No comments: