01 February 2007

Cigarette ban a good thing

Al Jazeera

France has outlawed smoking in public places like schools and hospitals. According to this article from Al Jezeera, "there has been no sign of any widespread revolt".

I don't have a problem with people smoking. In private. Personally, I don't give a damn if people want to do harmful things to their bodies. I just don't want those things to harm me as well. Secondhand smoke kills 53,800 people every year. So a law that reduced that number is just.

France isn't the first country to put this law into practice, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I doubt that America will follow anytime soon, but we can always hope.

1 comment:

CHEAPTAP.CO.UK -- Enjoy the water, enjoy your life! said...


When choosing the Antique Basin Taps pieces and faucets, one should shop around before purchasing a specific Shower Taps. There is always a tendency to find something that may sometimes look better or be priced in LED taps more pleasing way than the purchased one.