31 March 2006

Crazy Thursday Drivers

Yesterday Mom, Dennis, and I went shopping for stuff for the new house. And it's a good thing I went. I stopped two wrecks from happening. They wouldn't have been big car-totaling wrecks, but they would have been wrecks nontheless. The first one happened on the way to Lynhaven Mall. We were stopped at a redlight when the big dumptruck in front of us started backing up for some insane reason. Mom and Dennis were talking and I heard the beeping of the truck backing up. So I alerted mom who backed up (thankfully there was no one behind us) and beeped the horn. Save #1 for the day.

The next one wasn't quite as bad. We were in the rear parking lot of JC Penney's when we were driving through looking for a spot to park when a white van pulled out of it's spot way too fast without looking and stopped maybe 5 inches from our front bumber. Again, I noticed it first. I ought to be a good driver with that kind of reaction speed! :-)

Other than that it was an uneventful shopping day. Since my room is so bare I've been buying a lot of decor, but all I could find yesterday were a glass slipper, a jade dragon, and a green reflective coat hanger. But at least the mall weren't crowded. And we're going back to Target to get my desk and to Pier 1, a store I've never been in without drooling over something.

No comments: