31 March 2006

Check out this poem

This was written by a woman named Alassante, and this poem was on her myspace blog. I really liked it so I asked her if I could put it on my blog, and since she said it would be alright, here it is:



Sunday, March 19, 2006

Angsty Poem
Current mood: contemplative
Category: Writing and Poetry


Sometimes when I get down I write really angsty dark poetry. I don't know that it helps but the words seem to come from somewhere so I just let them flow. Its not good poetry but its just got to get out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When you look at me
Can you see into my soul?
Do you know who I am?
Or do you judge me before you know.

Icy fingers of loneliness wrap
Around my heart and I feel
Myself slipping yet again.
Will you just let me go?

I've been here before
And I know this place
Things are so cold and empty here
Yet so familiar to me.

There are times I have
No choice but to be
Sometimes I come here
And wander aimlessly

Alone.

I wonder if there is a way
To fix what is broken
In truth I know
I will always be who I am.

Does it matter if I smile
And play this game?
Will my efforts mean nothing,
Will I always be damned?

I am not a martyr
I don't deserve sainthood
For I am no fallen angel
Nor have I been crucified

This thing inside me
Takes away all of my will
And I feel like
My soul as been sacrificed

Broken.

The darkness knows no bounds
Fear I can taste
But in so many ways
I no longer care.

Do I reach for a hand,
And ask for help?
Will they turn away?
Do I even dare?

But there is no help for me
Except the passing of time
One day I'll feel better
Leave here once more.

Let sunshine in and
Turn my eyes to the light
I cannot quit,
Don't want to be depression's whore.

Sorrow.

It hurts and I cry
But nothing seems to help
I struggle to make sense
And yet I fail.

My life isn't so bad
Others have far worse
I look at their troubles
And mine simply pale.

I hate this weakness in me
Shame fills my heart
Knowing I passed it on
Makes the guilt so much worse.

If I could stop it, I would
But I cannot spare him
And I suffer in silence,
As my son lives with my curse.

Falling.


Her profile is here: http://www.myspace.com/alassante

No comments: