26 January 2007

Oops

I feel as though I've been neglecting this blog lately. So from this day forward I'll be posting at least once a day. And if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to share them in the comments.

I recently had to reboot my laptop, which actually was a bit more fun than I'd imagined. I had to do it once almost exactly one year ago because it crashed, but this time I did it just because my computer had begun pissing me off. Part of it was my fault; in an attempt to uninstall Windows Messenger I'd uninstalled all of the Windows components. The other part was that I was constantly getting error messages. So I backed up all my data and fixed it up. When it was done I had that feeling of owning a brand new shiny computer, despite the fingerprints on the screen. Best part: Before I rebooted, I had only 15 GB left; now, 40. I can't believe how much junk I'd had installed that I never used.

I've also decided to minimize my (online) life a little. It takes almost two hours every morning to check my email, read my blogs, and check various forums I'm a member of. I'm still subscribed to a lot of blogs, mainly because that's where I get all of my news from, but the number is down quite a bit. And I did the MySpace clean-out. You know, delete a bunch of people, unsubscribe for boring blogs, and resign from many, many groups.

If anyone knows of any other ways to minimize (and in the process enhance) my internet life, post freely in the comments.

No comments: